Seasport Divers - Dive Ni'ihau
You must be certified for this dive.
Kauai scuba diving in Ni’ihau is a full day diving adventure for the experienced and seasoned divers that takes place in some of the most pristine waters in Kauai! You will encounter incredible wall dives, soaring lava pillars and enormous caves combined with bountiful fish and numerous pelagic! Marine life is diverse and you are likely to encounter spinner dolphins, monk seals, octopus, lobster, tiger cowries, large schools of butterfly fish(pennant, milletseed, and pyramid), bandit and potter angel fish, and possibly manta rays and sharks!
Lying just 17 miles southwest of Kauai, Ni’ihau Island is accessible from Kauai by way of the Kaulakahi Channel. Lehua Rock rests a little further northwest of Ni’ihau. Lehua Rock and Ni’ihau are dive sites that are considered to be the ultimate in Hawaiian diving!
Your morning begins early at 6:00 am with a 20 mile boat trip starting from Kauai’s south shore that takes about 2.5 hours. A delicious breakfast will be provided as the view of beautiful Ni’ihau begins to emerge! The morning’s first dive is short and deep but spectacular which is typically Vertical Awareness or Keyhole! Large schools of Pennant fish cluster about the top of this 280 ft wall and the magnificent lava shelves are home to monk seals, reef fish, pillow stars, and lobsters. The second dive site, known as the Super Highways, is a frequent choice that is visited on a regular basis and is named for its towering lava formation resembling a highway super structure! It is home to a variety of marine life such as octopus, tiger cowries, enormous yellow margin eels and white tip reef sharks. While the divers are exploring all the small caves and swim-thrus, the captain is busy preparing a delightful lunch! The Drive-through Cave or a drift along Lehua Rock is the choice for the third dive. Shallow and relaxed is the theme of this dive as the current and waves are often on the rise at this time of the day but under the water is still the place to be! After the third dive, it’s time to dry off, get warm and ready for the ride back as you watch the beautiful sunset off Ni’ihau Island!
Dive Ni’iha is just one of the many Kauai tours and Kauai activities you should experience while visiting Hawaii so be sure you place your reservation in advance as this tour is only available in the summer months!
- 3 tank dive near Hawaii's "Forbidden Isle" – Ni'ihau
- Enjoy incredible wall dives, soaring lava pillars, enormous caves and spectacular visibility
- Diverse marine life – you are likely to see spinner dolphins, butterflyfish, angelfish, spotted eagle rays, monk seals, octopus, lobster, tiger cowries and possibly manta rays and sharks (white tip reef, black tip reef and Galapagos)
- Light breakfast, large lunch, snacks, water and juice
- 3 tanks, computer, weights, wetsuit, mask and fins
- Guided tour led by PADI, SSI or NAUI diving instructor
- Thorough briefing that includes information about the marine life you can expect to see during your dive
Nitrox, BCD and regulator is available for an extra fee.
You must be certified to dive.
Please download and fill out this required medical questionnaire and bring it with you to the dive.