Outfitters Kauai - South Shore Sea Kayak Tour
Available mid-September thru mid-May on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Join Outfitters Kauai in the adventurous South Shore Sea Kayak tour and witness the beautiful, scenic south shore from Poipu to Port Allen! This Kauai Kayaking excursion is just one of the many Kauai tours and Kauai activities Outfitters Kauai offers! You will tour 8 miles of the coast and witness some of the most secluded bays and beaches while making surf landings on three different seldom-seen beaches during your exciting Kauai kayaking tour!
Your Kauai Kayaking tour begins from Kukui’ula Small Boat Harbor. First, you will pass the famous Spouting Horn, a remarkable salt-water blowhole! After about 45 minutes of Kauai Kayaking, you will surf your kayak up on the beach at Lawa’I Kai, the magnificent beautiful sight of Queen Emma’s Summer home! You are invited to enjoy hot coffee and muffins while you stroll the beautiful beach in the golden morning light! Afterwards, you will continue Kauai kayaking downwind, past the white sand beaches, barrier reefs, and volcanic craters of Palama’s Point. You may also be able to see interesting marine life such as spinner dolphins and honu, or sea turtles as you paddle downwind! During the months of November through April, you may even get a chance to see the magnificent majestic humpback whales! After 7 miles of Kauai kayaking paddling, it’s time for a scrumptious lunch where a special place will be picked out to relax, eat and play! Wahi’awa, a protected bay, is where you will be able to enjoy Kauai activities. You can comb the ¼ mile crescent-shaped sandy beach, play in the water, and snorkel the fringes of the bay! Meanwhile, your South Shore Sea Kayak tour guide will lay out a tasty picnic lunch to enjoy! Around mid-afternoon after another brief Kauai kayaking paddle, you will be whisked away on your return back to the Poipu resort area.
These Kauai tours are a great way to experience the beauty of the island!
- Guided kayak tour along Kauai’s south shore
- Paddle from Poipu to Port Allen
- Spectacular views of remote beaches
- Chance to see a variety of marine life, including turtles, dolphins and humpback whales
Tour inclusions delicious lunch:
- Turkey Watercress Wrap: Smoked Turkey, Watercress, Cream Cheese, Sprouts, Cucumber, Tomato, Onion and Black Olives in a Tortilla OR
- Mediterranean Veggie Wrap: Hummus, Lettuce, Tomato, Kalamata Olives, Cucumber and Feta Cheese in a Tortilla
Lunch comes with a pasta salad and a Chocolate Chip Cookie. Cold drinks are available throughout the day.
- Where and When:
- Check in is at 7:00 am at Outfitters Kauai, 2827A Poipu Rd, Poipu, HI 96756. View Map
Tour ends at approximately 3:00 pm.
- Participants must be able to swim. Kids must be 12 years or older. Moderately strenuous - must be somewhat fit.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old.
Participants must be able to swim and be moderately fit. This is a moderately strenuous open ocean kayak tour.
- Special Notes:
- Wear a Swimsuit, shorts, t-shirt, sport-type sandals or aqua socks. Bring a windbreaker or light raincoat, billed hat with keeper, waterproof sunscreen, sun-glasses with keeper, towel, waterproof camera.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday and Thursday
- Approx. 8 hours
- Outfitters Kauai
- Outfitters Kauai use tandem, open-cockpit, or, sit-on-top type, self-bailing kayaks with foot pedal controlled rudders to facilitate safety and ease of operation. You'll be given a lightweight fiberglass paddle with a tether, life vest and dry bag.