Outfitters Kauai - Hidden Valley Falls Kayak & Hike
Outfitters Kauai Kayak Tour is an exciting Kauai kayaking excursion where you will hike and kayak down the beautiful Hule’ia River! This historic jungle stream was the filming site for the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park and its sequel Lost World! You will begin your Kauai kayaking tour by paddling approximately 2 miles in tandem kayaks deep into the heart of the Kauai island jungle! Along the way, you will witness some amazing sites such as the Alekoko (Menehune) Fishpond, a living archaeological site which is an example of the ancient fishing and agricultural methods still used today! In addition, you will see the dramatic and majestic 2000’ shield volcano that looms over the river!
Along the shallow part of the river, you will tie up your kayaks and take a ¾ mile hike up the valley to an enchanting area of spectacular waterfalls and refreshing swimming holes with rope swings, known as Hidden Valley Falls!
After your day of exciting Kauai activities, you will be picked up by a twin-hulled powered Hawaiian canoe for a fun trip back to the main shop! You are sure to have a memorable experience on these Kauai tours!
- Enjoy a downwind paddle on the Hule'ia River through the Hule'ia National Wildlife Refuge
- Hike lush jungle trails through a fern-covered valley
- See a gorgeous waterfall and swimming hole
- Ride back on a motorized canoe
- Cold bottled water is available throughout the day
Hidden Valley Falls Kayak Hike
Wailua River Aerial
Wailua River Kayaking
- Where and When:
- Check-in at 9:30 am at the Outfitters Kauai Kayak Shack, 2494 Niumalu Rd, Lihue, HI 96766
Tour returns between 1:00 to 1:30 pm.
Please call 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm your reservation and departure time.
- Must be able to walk 1 and a half miles and kayak 60-90 minutes.
- Participants must be able to walk 1.5 miles on a good forest trail and paddle a tandem kayak together with a partner for 60-90 minutes.
No riders weighing over 260 lbs (118 kg).
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday & Saturday
- Approximately 4 hours
- Outfitters Kauai
- Outfitters Kauai uses tandem, open-cockpit, or sit-on-top style self-bailing kayaks with foot pedal controlled rudders to facilitate safety and ease of operation. You'll be given a lightweight fiberglass paddle with a tether, life vest and dry bag to keep your camera dry on your excursion.