Outfitters Kauai - Na Pali Coast Sea Kayak Tour
This tour is not currently
available due to severe damage caused by an April flood of the launch
point. During the time it takes to make repairs a new tour has been
organized that offers a 5 mile kayak out and back to Miloli'i Beach on
the Na Pali Coast. Please call to inquire about this tour.
Outfitters Kauai offers the fabulous Na Pali Coast Sea Kayak tour that will take you on a 17 mile Kauai Kayaking tour on one of the world’s most beautiful and remote shorelines! Your Kauai Kayaking adventure begins on a ride together in Outfitters Kauai’s 15 passenger van to the launch site in Haena! After about an hour’s paddle, you will come upon the magnificent sea caves of the Na Pali Coast, entering if sea conditions permit! Afterwards, you will raft up your kayak for juice and delicious snacks! We paddle 11 miles in the morning to the first landing, known as Milolii which is the site of an ancient Hawaiian fishing community where you will enjoy a scrumptious lunch! After lunch you will enjoy a 4 mile kayak Kauai paddle in the typically calm water in Polihale where the van will be waiting for you. Upon your return to Outfitters Kauai Poipu store, you will have circumnavigated the entire island on your Kayak Kauai adventure!
Of the many Kauai activities and Kauai tours Kauai kayaking is one adventure you shouldn’t miss while visiting Kauai! This Kauai Kayaking adventure is a long, somewhat strenuous paddle in typically heavy seas so we recommend you being physically fit and up for a good workout. This excursion is not for non-swimmers and is highly recommended that you bring motion sickness medicine such as Bonine, Dramamine or Triptone (over the counter medications) if you are prone to motion sickness. Lunch and refreshments are provided on this Sea Kayak tour and include juice, spring water, snack bars, deli sandwiches and soda. Feel free to bring along additional drinks and snacks as there is plenty of room in the kayak- no alcoholic beverages, please.
- Paddle along the entire stretch of the Na Pali Coast on Kauai’s north shore
- Spectacular views of 2,000-foot sea cliffs and secluded beaches
- Enter sea caves (conditions permitting)
Na Pali Coast Kayaking
- Where and When:
- Check in is at 6:00 am SHARP at Outfitters Kauai, 2827A Poipu Rd, Poipu, HI 96756. View Map
- Most be over 17 years old and able to swim. Must be moderately physically fit, strong of spirit to enjoy this Kayak Kauai adveture!
- Participants must be at least 17 years old.
Participants must be able to swim and be moderately fit. This is a strenuous open ocean kayak tour.
- Special Notes:
- If you are prone to severe seasickness, this Na Pali Coast kayak tour is not for you. If you feel that you may get nauseous from kayaking, but not severely so, you might want to take a motion sickness remedy, such as Dramamine.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday and Thursday
- Approximately 12 hours
- Outfitters Kauai
- Outfitters Kauai use tandem, open-cockpit, or, sit-on-top type, self-bailing kayaks with foot pedal controlled rudders to facilitate safety and ease of operation. You'll be given a lightweight fiberglass paddle with a tether, life vest and dry bag.