Polynesian Adventure Tours - Waimea Canyon and Wailua River Tour
If you want to capture the very best of Kauai then you must experience the Waimea Canyon and Wailua River Tour! Known as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific” as quoted by Mark Twain, Waimea Canyon is a magnificent sight for you to see! At 3,400 feet, you will see an unreal view of the 2,857 deep canyon!
You will also take a trip up the beautiful Wailua River with a visit to the Fern Grotto. Here, you will hear a memorable rendition of “The Hawaiian Wedding Song”!
In addition to seeing the Waimea Canyon and Wailua River, this Kauai land tour also includes a visit to Hanapepe Valley, the Spouting Horn Blowhole at Poipu on the south shore as well as the historic Old Koloa. Old Koloa is where sugar production started in Hawaii. Other exciting stops and historical sights along the way include Opeakaa Falls, Coco Palms Grove, Birth Stone, Nawiliwili Harbor, Queen Victoria’s profile, Russian Fort, and Poipu Resorts! A stop is made for a delicious lunch at the Poipu Grill & Bar or the Lihue Restaurant! Please note that lunch is not included in this tour and the stop location is subject to change.
Polynesian Adventure Tours offers many Kauai tours and Kauai activities but the Waimea Canyon Wailua River tour is one you don’t want to miss! Round trip transportation is provided from Lihue, Wailua, and Poipu hotels and lasts approximately 9 – 11 hours depending upon where you are staying.
Transportation and Pick-up Time: Roundtrip transportation from Lihue, Wailua, and Poipu hotels. The length of this tour is approx. 9.5 hours long from Lihue, Wailua, and Poipu. Pickup is approx. 7:30 am but the exact time of pickup will be emailed to you depending on where you are staying.
Route/Stops along the way:
- Spectacular Waimea Canyon
- Fern Grotto
- Captain Cook's Landing
- Wailua River Boat Cruise
- Spouting Horn
- Opaekaa Falls
Waimea Canyon Lookout
Waimea Canyon State Park
- Where and When:
- Princeville Pick-ups: You will be picked up by a smaller bus between 7:00 - 7:15 am and transferred to the larger tour bus once reaching the central/southern side of the island. Your exact pick-up time will be emailed in your confirmation based on your hotel.
Lihue, Wailua, and Poipu Pick-ups: You will be picked up between 7:30 - 9:00 am depending on hotel location. YOur exact pick-up time will be emailed in your confirmation based on your hotel.
Returns at approximately 5:00 - 6:00 pm.
- Due to the elevation of the Waimea Canyon, you are not permitted to go to the canyon if you have been scuba diving within the last 24 hours.
- Special Notes:
- Exact pick-up time from hotel will be emailed to you.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily
- 9-11 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- A great air conditioned Tour Bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours