Polynesian Adventure Tours - Waimea Canyon, Wailua River and Fern Grotto Tour
If you want to capture the very best of Kauai then you must experience the Waimea Canyon and Wailua River Tour! Known as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific” as quoted by Mark Twain, Waimea Canyon is a magnificent sight for you to see! At 3,400 feet, you will see an unreal view of the 2,857 deep canyon!
This tour also takes you on a boat ride up the beautiful Wailua River with a visit to Fern Grotto. Here, you will hear a memorable rendition of the Hawaiian wedding song.
- Waimea Canyon - the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" offers scenic views of deep valley gorges with striking red soil covered in greenery
- Opaeka'a Falls - a beautiful 150-foot cascade
- Spouting Horn Blowhole - crashing waves propel jets of ocean water through lava rock
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout - panoramic views of a valley covered in trees and wild green sugarcane
- Wailua River - narrated 2-mile ride in an open air boat down a meandering freshwater river
- Fern Grotto - walk through a tropical rainforest to a rock cave dripping in ferns and listen to the melodious live performance of the Hawaiian wedding song
- Roundtrip transportation
- Professionally narrated tour
- Lunch at a local's favorite restaurant
Waimea Canyon Lookout
Waimea Canyon State Park
- Where and When:
- Tour time:
7:45 am - 6:30 pm
Hotel pick-up is provided from major Kauai hotels. Enter the name of your hotel at time of reservation. The exact pick-up time depends on where you are staying and will be emailed with your confirmation (Princeville area hotel pick-ups are unavailable).
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Monday & Wednesday until June 1.
Monday - Friday starting June 1.
- Approximately 10.5 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Air-conditioned tour bus