Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau
MONTHLY CALL IN SPECIAL---- Please call to place your reservation for Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau and you will receive an additional $9 off per adult on an additional activity. Must book another activity with Smith's Luau to receive additional discount.
A visit to Kauai is not complete without attending the Smith’s Tropical Paradise in Kauai! Smith’s Luau in Kauai has been providing visitors with entertainment and is the oldest luau in Kauai! Get ready for a night of fun and entertainment at the Wailua River State Park where you will be able to feast on a scrumptious Hawaiian buffet which includes the infamous Kalua pig and witness some fabulous Polynesian entertainment!
Smith’s Tropical Luau offers a spectacular ceremony in a torch-lit lagoon Lagoon Amphitheater along the beautiful Wailua River! The luau ceremony begins with the traditional blowing of the conch shell and torch lighting as Pele, Goddess of Fire and Volcano, emerges out of the darkness from a lava flowing mountain to tell her story! Afterwards, dances that follow acknowledge all of the Golden People of Hawaii include dances from Tahiti, Philippines, Somoa, New Zealand, and Hawaii! With all of these Kauai activities you are sure to have a fabulous evening fun for the entire family!
Smith’s Tropical Paradise Luau has a delicious menu which includes the following: Kalua Pig, Poi, Abodo chicken, Sweet and Sour Mahi Mahi, Lomi Salmon, Teriyaki beef, Oriental Fried Rice, Garden Green Salad, Bean Salad, Macaroni Salad, Namasu Salad, Fresh Fruit, and much more!
Imu Ceremony for Smith's Tropical Luau begins at 5:45pm. Music and Cocktails begin at 6:15pm. Mai tais, wine, beer, standard bar drinks and soft drinks are available during the dinner hour. Luau begins at 6:15pm and ends 9:00pm. International Pageant begins at 7:45pm at the Lagoon Amphitheatre.
Smith's Luau Menu:
- Kauai Grown Green Salad with Papaya Seed Dressing (V, Vegan, GF)
- Hawaiian Style Macaroni Salad (V)
- Namasu Japanese Cucumber Salad with Chopped Clams (GF)
- Lomilomi Salmon: Tomato, Onion, Salted Salmon (GF)
- Hanalei Poi (V, Vegan, GF)
- Fresh Breads: Hawaiian Sweet Bread, Guava Bread, Pineapple Bread (V)
- Hawaiian Purple Sweet Potatoes (V, Vegan, GF)
- Chinese Fried Rice
- Mashed Potatoes (V, GF)
- Stir Fried Vegetables (V, GF)
- Sweet & Sour Mahimahi
- Kalua Pig (GF)
- Chicken Adobo
- Teriyaki Beef
- Coconut Cake (V)
- Haupia: Coconut Milk Pudding (V, Vegan, GF)
- Imu Baked Rice Pudding (V, GF)
- Fruit Jello (GF)
V=Vegetarian; Vegan; GF=Gluten Free
- Maui Tai Punch
- Kona Longboard Beer
- Chardonnay and Cabernet Wines
- Standard Liquor Bar: Vodka, Scotch, Gin, Rum, Whiskey
- Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mist Twist
- Guava, Pineapple and Orange Juices
- Hawaiian Fruit Punch
Smith's Luau Sign
Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau
- Where and When:
- From March to October, check-in for the full luau is at 5:00 pm.
From November to February, check-in for the full luau is at 4:45 pm.
Wailua Marina State Park View Map
3-5971 Kuhio Hwy
Kapaa, HI 96746
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 2 and under) allows for children to have their own food and seat if you would like.
- Operation Days:
- November through February: Monday, Wednesday & Friday
March through May: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
June through August: Monday through Friday
September through October: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
- Approx. 3.5 hours
- Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau