Rainbow Kayak - Wailua River Kayak Tour
Rainbow Kayaks Waterfall Wailua River Kayak Hike is a great Kauai kayaking tour suitable for the entire family and a great way to experience the island and fun Kauai activities!
Your journey begins at the mouth of Hawaii’s only navigable river and continues through a sacred valley once reserved for only the Alii (The Royal Family). Your personal tour guide will take you back to these ancient times with an informative narration, sharing the rich Hawaiian history and legends of the Wailua Valley! Your Kauai Kayaking tour will continue up the river’s North Fork where you will navigate through a lush tropical rainforest! The scenic waterways and cascades are fabulous for a refreshing dip and just minutes away you will find a beautiful 120 foot waterfall! Here you can sit back, relax and enjoy a delicious deli lunch provided by Rainbow Kayaks!
You and your family are sure to enjoy these Kauai activities and Kauai tours! This Kauai Kayaking consists of 4.5 hours of easy paddling, hiking, relaxing and fun for the entire family!
- Kayak and paddles
- Dry storage & dry bags on kayak for cameras and personal things
- Backpack use
- Personal flotation device
- Delicious picnic lunch - you may choose turkey, ham, roast beef, or vegetarian sandwich
- Fresh pineapple, chips, cookies and bottled water
Wailua River Kayak Tour
Fun Kayaking Excursion
Kauai River Kayaking
- Where and When:
- 7:00 am Tour Time: Check in at 6:50 am. Tour returns approximately 12:00 pm.
12:30 pm Tour Time: Check in at 12:20 pm. Tour returns approximately 5:30 pm.
Check in at 440 Aleka Pl, Kapaa, HI 96746 View Map
DIRECTIONS FROM THE NORTH: South on Highway 56 through Kapaa 1/2 mile past McDonalds in Foodland Center to Coconut Marketplace. Turn left just before the Marketplace at Aleka Loop. Go behind the Marketplace, following Aleka Loop to Rainbow Kayak at Islander Shops next to Resort Quest Islander on the Beach.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE SOUTH: Take Highway 50 past Lihue to Hwy 56 North. Cross Wailua River (double bridge] one mile to Coconut Marketplace and turn right past the Marketplace on Aleka Loop. Turn behind the Marketplace following Aleka Loop to Rainbow Kayak at Islander Shops next to Islander on the Beach.
- Participants should enjoy hiking & must be comfortable in the water.
- Not available for women who will be 20 weeks pregnant or more on the date of the tour.
This kayaking and hiking adventure is suitable for ages 5 to 75.
Participants should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking and be in good physical condition.
Expect about four miles of paddling and just over 1 mile of hiking.
Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times.
Participants must be able to walk 1.5 miles & kayak 60-90 minutes.
- Special Notes:
- Please note trail conditions can vary depending on the rainfall amounts.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- 5 hours
- Rainbow Kayaks
- Kayak, paddles, dry bag and personal flotation device provided.