Princeville Ranch Adventures - Waterfall Picnic Horseback Ride
Please call to confirm availability if booking within 48 hours.
Princeville Ranch Stables offers the fabulous 3 Hour Waterfall Picnic Ride where you will witness some of the most beautiful green ranch pastures and spectacular panoramic views of the mountains and ocean! On this Kauai horseback riding adventure, you may find yourself riding through a herd of cows, calves, and horses along the way! After several hours of riding, take a short 10 to 15 minute hike down a steep trail through a lush tropical forest and listen to the mesmerizing sounds of the cascading waterfalls! You will be in awe by the power of the fern-lined 80 foot waterfall and the serenity of this gorgeous setting! You are welcome to cool off in the refreshing waterfall pool and/or explore the views on ledges behind the falls! A delicious picnic lunch is provided as well! Afterwards, if conditions permit, you are invited to return to your horse via a different hiking trail, crossing above the spectacular falls and witness yet another scenic waterfall setting perfect for another memorable photograph!
Please wear long pants. Riders must wear completely covered shoes. Riders should wear a bathing suit under thier clothes so they can enjoy swimming in the waterfall pool.
Of the many Kauai activities and Kauai tours, Kauai horseback riding is one Hawaiian adventure you shouldn’t miss! Be sure to place your reservation in advance!
Make-Your-Own Deli Sandwich
Turkey, Salami, or Hummus (Vegetarian Selection)
Havarti and Jack Cheeses
Cucumber and Sprouts
Onion and Peperoncinis
Kettle Potato Chips (Assorted Flavors)
Homemade Cookies (Assorted)
Mayonnaise and Grey Poupon Mustard
- Delicious picnic lunch included – make-your-own deli sandwich on pita bread (with veggie option), potato chips and a cookie
- Enjoy a guided horseback ride on Kauai’s scenic north shore
- Walking only tour is great for novice riders
- Ride across open pastures and to special spots with beautiful scenery
- Relax or swim in a waterfall pond
- Scramble up a 10-foot rock wall
- Hike through lush forest
- Approximately 1 mile hike all together
Enjoy Amazing Ride
Paniolo Green Hill
Waterfall Stream Crossing
- Where and When:
- Tour 1: Check in at 8:45am. Tour Time 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
Tour 2: Check in at 11:45 am. Tour Time 12:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Tour 3: Check in at 12:45 pm. Tour Time 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Check in Office Location is one mile past the Princeville Airport on the ocean side of Kuhio Highway (Highway 56) in Princeville. Follow the "Princeville Ranch Adventures" sign. Located at mile marker 27. Please be aware GPS may take you to the wrong location.
From Princeville Resorts & North: Princeville Ranch Adventures is located on the left hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Highway (Rt. 56). If coming from the Princeville resorts, turn left onto Kuhio Highway, and the Office is the next left (Kapaka Rd.) off the highway. If you are coming from destinations north of Hanalei, follow the highway south into Princeville, and go a half mile past the Princeville Shopping Center. Turn left at Kapaka Road at the red and white flags.
From the South: Follow Rt. 56 (Kuhio Highway) north to Princeville. You will pass the towns of Kapaa, Anahola and Kilauea. Cross over the Kalihiwai Bridge and go past Princeville airport about two miles. The check-in office is just past mile marker 27, on the right hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Hwy., at the cross road of Kapaka Road. Turn right on to Kapaka Road at the red and white flags. Church of Pacific is also at this intersection. If you get to the Princeville Shopping Center, you've passed the office by a half mile.
- Riders must be 8 years old and above. Children under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 18 must have written consent from a parent. Riders must be in good physical condition and fit comfortably and securely in the saddle.
- Princeville Ranch Adventures welcomes riders ages 8 and above.
Weight and height restrictions apply. Maximum weight per rider is 250 pounds (113 kg). Maximum height of 6'5" (195 cm).
Children under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Children under 18 must have written consent from a parent.
Riding double on one horse is not allowed.
Riders must be in good physical condition and fit comfortably and securely in the saddle.
Princeville Ranch Adventures reserves the right to refuse anyone whom we determine is in poor physical condition or in any way impaired so that they are unable to safely complete a Ranch ride or related hike.
The hike is rated moderate-to-difficult and includes a steep trail, up and down (500-foot gain) rough hewn steps with rope handholds.
- Special Notes:
- Riders must fit within the weight and height ratio on the yellow chart above.
Group horseback rides are walking only. Only on a private ride might guests trot or canter after evaluation by the guide.
Tours go out rain or shine.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- Total tour time is approx. 3.5 hours. Total time on horseback is one hour, round trip. The waterfall swim and picnic lasts 1 to 1.5 hours. Total hiking time is 30 minutes.
- Princeville Ranch Adventures
- All rides are led by professional guides. They are CPR and first aid certified. They all carry two-way radios and first aid kits. Western saddles only. Helmets are available upon requests and required for children 8-12.