Wings Over Kauai - Grand Deluxe Flight
Soar above Kauai’s world-renowned scenery on the Wings Over Kauai airplane tour! This 70 minute flight takes place on the beautiful Cessna Skyhawk high wing aircraft known as the most popular airplane ever produced! Your pilot, Bruce Coulombe, is a highly experienced Kauai fixed wing aviator and has a perfect safety record over his 20 years of piloting airplanes. In addition to his commercial pilot certificate and instrument rating, Bruce also happens to hold a Ph.D. in Agronomy (Crop Science), which makes him uniquely qualified to describe the agricultural activities on Kauai during the tours. He has flown the same basic tour route around Kauai hundreds of times over the past 9 years. Of all the Kauai activities, Kauai airplane tours are extremely popular so be sure to place your reservation early!
- Starting in Lihue, you'll first fly southwest to see Kipu
Kai, the beach made famous by Harrison Ford in 6 Days and 7 Nights
- Next up is the famous Jurassic Park waterfall in beautiful Hanapepe Valley (weather permitting)
- Fly over the immense Waimea Canyon, the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific"
- Heading north, you'll see the spectacular Na Pali Coastline
with its inaccessible bays, waterfalls, sea caves and cliffs
- Enjoy the view of scenic Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai, as well as numerous waterfalls behind Hanalei Valley
- See the crater below Mt. Wai'ale'ale
- In the winter months, you might also spot humpback whales frolicking in Kauai's waters
Scenic Na Pali Coast
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 9:30 am & 11:30 am
Mid-day: departing between 1:00 pm & 2:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be emailed with your confirmation. Check in is 30 minutes prior to departure time. Departs from
Lihue Airport, 3651 Ahukini Rd, Lihue, HI 96766
View Driving Directions
Driving directions: Bear left at the 3 flags and turn right at the Air Service Hawaii sign. Free parking is available. The Wings Over Kauai customer counter is located behind the area of orange seats in the terminal facing the parking lot (no sign outside the terminal).
- Per seat weight limit is 300 lbs (136 kg).
Maximum weight limit per flight is 1,100 lbs (499 kg).
Children less than 2 years old fly free of charge. Children (0-23 months) can sit on a parent's lap during the flight.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
Travelers arriving on a cruise ship: You can catch a taxi from the cruise ship port. The Wings Over Kauai check-in office is only a 5 minute drive up the hill.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday to Saturday
- 65-70 minutes
- Wings over Kauai
- The six-passenger Gippsland G-8 Airvan is the ideal plane for touring Kauai's skies. It was specifically designed for observational flights, featuring huge bubble windows for optimal picture opportunities. The plane's bubble windows give you an unobstructed wrap-around view as well as a downward view. Every seat is a window seat. Communication with your pilot, and each other, is easy using the noise canceling bose headsets. You can enjoy the pilot's expertly crafted narration and artfully selected music, ask questions, share stories and have an unparalleled visual experience. The plane is easily accessed through the large sliding door.